Measure P

Measure P
GMO Contamination Protection Ordinance

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cat Heaters

Before it closed, I drove by the marquee for the movies at the Bayshore Mall in Eureka. It read, CAT HEATERS.COM. 
I laughed. Was there a demand for cat heaters? Maybe this is something we could make here in Humblodlt County I thought. I googled cat heaters and realized that they were talking about Ca Theaters.com with no space. The space on the sign between cat and heaters.com was deliberate and funny. I didn't get a picture of it but it made me think of cat heaters when ever I go to the local movies.

I bring all of this up because Marcy Burstiner, (assistant professor of journalism and mass communication at Humboldt State University), wrote an article in this week's North Coast Journal. She questioned the sanity of the Times Standard moving their movie listings to their free paper the Tri-City Weekly.

Just about 3 weeks ago I was looking for the movie listings and couldn't find them. Then I remembered Cat Heaters, went on line and got the listings.

Burstiner's article inspired me to add the listings to the blog for free. I don't know how long it will remain but I am trying it out. I think if people can just think of Cat Heaters when they think movies, they can get there themselves and I can put something more useful in that "Coming Attractions" thingy to the left of the blog and down a bit.
Disclaimer: I receive no money, discounts or other gratuity for the free ad to Coming Attractions Theaters., Marcy Burstiner, Times-Standard, Tri-City Weekly or the North Coast Journal.  Wait, I take that back.  The Journal does provide me with a free copy of their paper at the rack at the grocery store. No cats were harmed in the making of this post.  Void where prohibited.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot the blanket "VOID IN NEBRASKA." Apparently everything is void in Nebraska...???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny because whenever I type that url into my computer, I think of catheters. :-)

    ReplyDelete

US Senator Joe Liberman, WTC 7 Did Not Occur