Measure P

Measure P
GMO Contamination Protection Ordinance

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Save Our Democracy

I am aware that we don't live in a true democracy.  We are a republic.  That said, I don't think the writers of our constitution meant for us to be represented by corporations.  After all, we started this country with a tea party because the East India Corporation wanted unfair tax advantages that local spice and tea companies were not entitled to.  We started the U.S. due to a corporation that wanted an unfair advantage over the people that lived here.
Now enter the U.S. Supreme Court and it's Citizens United verses FTC ruling that gives corporations the ability to buy our elected officials.
It's time for a Constitutional Amendment to overturn this.
Watch the video and then go to http://www.duhc.org/ for more information.

2 comments:

  1. The corporations have now completed their take- over of America.

    The common man has lost any chance of justice with the cornation of these corporations.

    I expect it won't be long and we'll be required to bow in the presence of major CEOs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not mastering that last skill very well. I wish I could do better but I can't seem to connect with them. It's like I live in a different world or something.

    ReplyDelete

US Senator Joe Liberman, WTC 7 Did Not Occur