Measure P

Measure P
GMO Contamination Protection Ordinance

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Road Construction, I Had To Wash The Car With Goo Gone

I live near Trinidad and for the last few weeks I have had to drive through road construction on US 101.  The Mad River Bridge project and resurfacing between Trinidad and Little River means that I have driven through a lot of wet asphalt. 

I looked at my car today and thought damn, it looks like the speeder in Star Wars.  It had streaks down the side of what used to be a grey silver sedan.

I got the usual bucket, carwash soap and brush on a stick.  It glided right over the brown streaks of oily asphalt goo.  I thought to myself, how am I going to get this stuff off of my car?

Then I remembered Goo Gone!  It says it removes asphalt right on the bottle.  It can't be good for the paint but it did remove the stubborn goo from the entire lower half of my car and it's rims.  If anybody has any better suggestions on how to get this crap off of a car, please tell.  I'm not the only one that has driven through this crap everyday.

2 comments:

  1. You can get a bottle for a dollar at The Dollar Store at the Valley West center.

    You're right...it does the job!I pass over that bridge nearly every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if Simple Green would do the same thing? It might be better for the paint.

    ReplyDelete

US Senator Joe Liberman, WTC 7 Did Not Occur