Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary! 10 Years of Bush Tax Cuts and the Prosperity that has brought us.

Today marks the 10th Anniversary of the Bush Tax Cuts for the rich. 
Deesillustration.com
These tax cuts were designed to bring us the current prosperity that we are all enjoying at this time. They were designed to put more money in the pockets of the rich so that they could create all of these jobs. The taxes from all of these new jobs and workers are helping to pay down the debt and grow the economy. This is what they were designed to do. Everyone should rejoice in the fact that we are not yet bankrupt. If we had stayed on the old Clinton path to success, we would be able to take care of our poor, elderly, sick and indignant among us. This puts nothing into the pockets of Wall St. where the money belongs. After all we all want the country to be run like a business, not a social democracy. That's why we hired all of these business lobbyists to help write our laws for the last 10 years. That's why we voted Republican and Tea Party. They have done a fantastic job as corporate profits are higher than they have ever been and US worker productivity is also higher than it has ever been. Greed is the new religion. Ask the mega churches. If you have done well these past 10 years, that means god favors you over those that have not done so well. If you made your money being greedy than surely god condones such greed and has blessed you with such riches for doing unto others and putting yourself first.

If you happen to be one of those sorry souls that clothe the naked, feed the hungry or work for the betterment of mankind, don't worry. Soon it will all be over. I'm not talking about the rapture, although that would help if people with these beliefs all suddenly disappeared. I'm talking about our country. When those that are blessed for taking most of the money and giving little back have run out of money to take, they will simply leave. They will find another country that they can take over and redistribute wealth in. That will leave us to design a new country. One that has nothing of any real value left but the quality and pride of it's former workers. The country will have to be based around those workers and the fruits of their labor since there will be little else of value. It will look a lot like the country we started 235 years ago. It will be up to us to keep it that way and not be led astray by corporate cronies and international banksters like we were the last time.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the rant but really? No comments?
    Is this something I should quit obsessing over?

    Are we doing better than I think we are? Help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where to begin? I'm one who has ranted about our situation since Nixon. I've seen every new attack come at the working man and succeed for the Wealthy business owners/Corporations. No one cares, people find it easier to be slaves than to be free people. Freedom is a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks moviedad. Sometimes I also feel like no one cares. I think that most people do care but many have to give up in order to keep from going crazy! I feel that if I rant too much, people think that I am negative or a mad man. If I don't rant, I am a sheeple.

    I'm still trying to find that balance in my life. I would rather just have fun but sometimes I can't knowing what is becoming of the world. I feel I have to shout and vent. Laughter does the heart good and we shouldn't forget to laugh at ourselves. I just want to be able to laugh and rant at the appropriate times.

    ReplyDelete

US Senator Joe Liberman, WTC 7 Did Not Occur