Measure P

Measure P
GMO Contamination Protection Ordinance

Saturday, June 4, 2011

It was a foreclosure defendant’s revenge fantasy. B of A Gets Spanked By Sheriff's Deputies

Published on Saturday, June 4, 2011 by the Fort Myers News-Press (Florida)

Deputies and Movers Show Up at Bank of America to Seize Assets

by Dick Hogan
FORT MYERS -- It was a foreclosure defendant’s revenge fantasy.

Two burly Collier County sheriff’s deputies and a homeowner’s attorney strode into the Bank of America branch on Davis Boulevard in Naples with a court order and an ultimatum for Manager Erich Fahrner.
Fahrner’s choice: Write out a check for $2,534 in attorney’s fees for the couple wrongfully slapped with a foreclosure lawsuit by the bank, or a William C. Hoff Storage moving crew waiting outside would start hauling out furniture to be sold at public auction.

“I’m leaving the building with either cash, a check or a whole lot of furniture,” attorney Todd Allen said just before walking in.

It Gets Better, Read On

On a side note, this is the first I have posted on my blog without being teathered to the internet or using WiFi.  I am at Moonstone Beach using my laptop and Droid phone.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! What a great find!
    You just made my day Tom.

    I'm not a tech type so I'm going to ask a stupid question; if you're not teathered to the internet or using WIFI how does a Droid phone power your laptop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Droid has an app called Pdanet. You install it on the phone and laptop. You plug the two together and the phone uses it's information stream that is used for text message and cruising the internet on the phone, but allows the laptop to tap into it. This is not to be confused with the 3G hot spot. That uses expensive 3G but it would allow the same thing but as a local WiFi for up to 5 people on different machines.

    I have a power inverter in my car that powers the laptop and the laptop powers the phone through the USB that also allows access to the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corporations have taken the gloves off. Nowadays they realize that they can get away with murder. Sit on people's payments, file false papers whatever they want to do, who's to stop them?
    We get our insurance invoice every month as a "Cancellation Notice" it's not late, in fact it's not even due for weeks. But it's a threatening letter. It's how they like to do business; they threaten, that keeps us 'little-people' in our place.
    PS
    I wonder why my Wordpress universal ID won't work on your site. It works on mine, which is also Blogger....just curious. I've had more trouble trying to post on your blog.....

    ReplyDelete

US Senator Joe Liberman, WTC 7 Did Not Occur