Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Oil Police to Begin Blocking Life-Sustaining Supplies Meant for NoDAPL Water Protectors

Ring of Fire online has the latest from the DAPL Pipeline protests.
SEE UPDATE BELOW

In addition to intimidation tactics being carried out by North Dakota officials and by the Army Corp of Engineers, on Tuesday, the state announced that it was ordering its police forces to begin blocking the incoming supplies necessary to sustain the individuals occupying the Dakota Access Pipeline protest.
Photo from https://trofire.com/

No, it’s not bad enough that peaceful protesters are being attacked by police, doused in near freezing water in below freezing temperatures and pelted with rubber bullets, teargas, and mace – they must also be literally starved out, according to N.D. officials.

On Monday, North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple signed an “emergency evacuation” order which demanded all occupants of the NoDAPL protest leave immediately. An additional element of this so-called emergency evacuation was explicit instruction that law enforcement should turn away any and all supplies meant for the camps, including food and medical supplies.

The main focus of this order was on incoming building supplies, as officials can technically claim that the land the water protectors are occupying are not zoned for permanent structures. But the order didn’t include a block on just building supplies – according to the governor, not a grain of rice or a single band-aid is to pass through the roads to the waiting protesters.

May I remind you that these are innocent, peaceful protesters, many occupying the land that was promised by the U.S. government to their ancestors? If a single person is harmed or killed thanks to a lack of food or other resources, that is nothing short of state-sponsored murder.

It is clearer than ever now that the state of North Dakota has absolutely no interest in the safety or liberty of these assembled protesters. The state has already spent millions fighting these peaceful protesters on behalf of a delinquent corporation. They have injured, maimed, and hospitalized protesters for their corporate buddies – will they kill for them too?

You can read more about the governor’s orders at Reuters.
UPDATE!!
Timothy McGlauglin at Reuters
By Terray Sylvester | CANNON BALL, N.D.
North Dakota state officials on Tuesday backed away from plans to block supplies from reaching protesters at a camp near the construction site of an oil pipeline project after the governor’s office said no such action was planned.

Activists have spent months protesting plans to route the $3.8 billion Dakota Access Pipeline beneath a lake near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, saying the project poses a threat to water resources and sacred Native American sites.

Earlier on Tuesday, Maxine Herr, a spokeswoman for the Morton County Sheriff's Department, said food, building materials and other supplies would be blocked from entering the main camp following Governor Jack Dalrymple's "emergency evacuation" order on Monday.

However, a spokesman for the governor told Reuters on Tuesday afternoon that no such action was planned. "There is not going to be any blockade of supplies," said spokesman Jeff Zent.

Following Zent's comment, Herr said law enforcement would take a more "passive role" than a enforcing a blockade. Officers would instead stop vehicles they believed to be heading to the camp and inform drivers that they were committing an infraction and could be fined $1,000.

"That is the understanding that we had initially but we had to get that clarified. The governor is more interested in public safety than setting up a road block and turning people away," Herr said by telephone. 

5 comments:

  1. "North Dakota state officials on Tuesday backed away from plans to block supplies from reaching protesters at a camp near the construction site of an oil pipeline project after the governor’s office said no such action was planned."

    Reuters, 38 min. ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't imagine the gubbamint starving people out....oh wait, America has done that often in these types of situations.

      Whites are being told to go home...

      Copy and pasted:


      According to the Independent, fellow protestors are asking white demonstrators to please stop treating the area like a free-for-all festival, complete with drugs, unsolicited music and photo ops.


      "No drugs or alcohol... This is not burning man or a festival," one statement posted on Facebook reads. "... YOU ARE NOT ON VACATION. This is not a camping trip."


      "White people are colonizing the camps..." protestor Alicia Smith added on Facebook. "They are coming in, taking food, clothing and occupying space without any desire to participate in camp maintenance and without respect of tribal protocols.

      "These people are treating it like it is Burning Man or The Rainbow Gathering and I even witnessed several wandering in and out of camps comparing it to those festivals."

      Several of the requests, which are going viral on social media, ask that people stop breaking into song.

      "Nobody wants to hear your songs with your guitar or drum around the fire," one tweet reads.

      According to other protestors, some of the new additions have also asked to use donation money to buy "fluoride-free" water instead of drinking from taps. Another protestor witnessed "a dozen or so white people" encouraging other demonstrators to block police from crossing a bridge.

      "These agitators unnecessarily wanted to put people in danger of being arrested just so their picture might go viral," she wrote on Twitter.

      Delete
    2. How many devils playground and humco trimmergint types are freeloading off the natives.....reads like plenty.

      Delete
    3. Jill Stein pulled some agitating maneuvers by trespass and vandalism......it lost her many votes no doubt because she showed proof that she is not a rule by law follower.

      Proof versus alleged, and no false police report could protect her.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Anonymous. Same source different (evidently newer) story.

    ReplyDelete

Nuclear Waste Water Fukusima From A Drone

G.W. Bush On Explosives At WTC

US Senator Joe Liberman, WTC 7 Did Not Occur